FIND OUT MORE
Let’s change the world.
One drop at a time.
1. Why water?
Water is the most readily available resource in the world, yet 800 million people lack access to clean water, and over 2 billion people lack access to a toilet. Solving the water crisis unlocks the economic potential of hundreds of millions of girls and women, freeing up 200 million hours a day. For every $1 invested in water and sanitation provides a $4 economic return from lower health costs, increased productivity and fewer premature deaths. Unlocking access to water unlocks many other global crisis, including healthcare and education.
2. How is this different from other, more established organizations such as Water.org?
What Water uses a universal language, art, to raise funding for the water crisis. It benefits from being domiciled in an efficient and resourceful country, Luxembourg. Its size makes it nimble and able to reach the ground at record costs. Most importantly, What Water is actually on the ground operating in a direct model with limited intermediaries, which can often lead to a loss in time or resources. Our focus is Central Africa which features areas which are most deprived of access to clean water.
3. Why choose Art to raise funds?
Art is a universal language that brings everyone together. It’s a catalyst to creating sustainable change. Art serves as a form to educate clients, so the message lives on. What Water recognizes that we live in a transactional society; our mission is not to sell art to our customers, rather for our clients to invest in selective Art whilst unlocking the potential of women and children.
4. How many people do you plan to reach on the ground?
1 million people by 2027.
5. How are funds raised and how do they get used?
Funds are raised in three ways: proceeds from events, from donations of private members or corporations, and from our corporate partnerships.
The funds raised are used to participate in the effort to strengthen water systems on the ground in Central Africa.
6. What percentage of the proceeds reaches the ground?
75 percent of the proceeds to reach the ground directly. The remaining 25 percent will be used to cover the costs of running the exhibitions and the administrative costs associated with operating the association.
7. What’s the first target country and why?
The heart of Central Africa is the first target country: Cameroon. What Water has a solid understanding of how the country operates, with direct links to mayors, communes and local experts. What Water has partnered with communes to ensure that the populations are organized to care for the water infrastructures co-financed and initiated by What Water.
8. How are water wells built?
Established local experts will help What Water identify the best locations for the water wells. Of course, the location depends on the geological conditions of the areas, which will then inherently determine the depth of the wells. Volunteers from Europe will work alongside established experts and local tradespeople to construct the wells, ensuring that the money raised to pump water is being pumped straight into the economy.
9. How are the locations of the wells selected?
What Water works with communes that have a strong need case based on overpopulation and lack of access to water.
10. How will customers be able to monitor the impact of their donations?
The impact of our donations will be communicated in our annual report. What Water will also send periodic updates to patrons, donors and clients.
11. What is the vision for What water in five years?
The vision is less about What Water, rather more about What Water can do. Water can revolutionize societies. What Water aims to reach 1 million people and establish local What Water chapters throughout Europe, allowing others to carry our vision with local art enthusiasts. In five years, we aim to start investing in sustainable water research that will allow technology to reach twice as many people with the same level of investment.