- Passionate about developing sustainable products with real added value for people and environment
- The used bottles are made from 100% recycled materials and are reused
- Production is CO2 neutral and supports sustainable corporate governance
- Fountains are protected from contamination which limits extraction, so the source is able to regenerate itself
- View Portfolio
#1 Fundraising through private and corporate sponsorships
What Water is an organization that builds bridges by connecting artists and engaged citizens of the world in Europe and Central Africa to deliver water access to vulnerable populations.
In September of 2022, What Water delivered some of its first water wells and boreholes in rural areas of Cameroon, where women and children often walk for hours every day in search for the blue gold.
While raising funds through art exhibitions was our first initiative, we now also focus on institutional financing.
The main part of our funds are currently raised through private and corporate sponsorships, as well as partnerships. With their help we are also able to finance new exhibitions and events.
We would also like to emphasize our cooperation with the following two water partner providers, Untouched Water and Thalus, a champion in sustainable water packaging. Please view more information about those two companies below.
Our private and corporate partners:
Our two Partner Water Providers
- A local start-up, based in Luxembourg, that specializes in spring water
- Water is low in sodium, and free of contaminants
- Using Tetra Pak to package water
- The carbon footprint of Tetra Pak is less than half that of plastic
- Tetra Pak is mostly made from paper, a renewable resource
- View Website
#2 Fundraising through art exhibitions
Art is a powerful communications tool and is at the very core of What Water’s DNA. Art promotion was our initial means of getting funded, as it brings together people and raises awareness at the same time.
30% of our funding is raised through art exhibitions and selling art work donated for our cause by artists.
While raising global awareness on the realities of the global water crisis, art is at the root of all efforts to swiftly deploy the initiative.
25% of proceeds from art sales go to artists and to cover the costs for running art events, whereas your donation will go a 100% to the cause of building water wells.
Last but not least our cause gets also funded through donations of private members or corporations.