Inspections and selection of projects
- Our team conducts field inspections as well as needs assessment, and exchanges with locals to select the right project.
- For already funded projects What Water representatives get on the ground to inspect the process. For every new project with an existing partner commune, assessment of each past project and overall satisfaction by the community is mandatory.
50/50 partnership with local communes
- What Water sets up a 50/50 partnership with local communes.
- Signing of the memorandum of Agreement between What Water and the municipality.
Following the strict protocol
- Analysis & validation of specifications, and quotation for the selected projects.
- 2nd field inspection for the remittance of 50% of What Water’s commitment, signing of the receipt.
- 25% paid of our fundings are paid at the beginning, 25% at the end of each project.
- Building works and user trainings (sanitary and maintenance) are completed within four weeks of the receipt of funds.
Confirmation of compliance
- Project’s specifications, project finalisation and final payment of What Water’s participation.
And essential task is that each project includes a sanitary and maintenance training to the users of a community.
That way we guarantee their future independence and self regulation.